OK, So I have been on bed rest now for the past 5 weeks, I can honestly say this has been my worst nightmare. There have been some great positives I think though. One I have gotten over my irrational fear of always having to have Jackson and that it is okay if he goes to be watched by someone else. Thankfully those people are my Aunt Val and a wonderful family friend Julie H. . . Thanks to them and their love for my son and our family, I have been able to get over my anxiety of not having my sweet precious boy with me all the time. I had no choice in this matter though because it was for the safety of myself and his brother who we are trying to get here safely.
The other things that I have learned is that, my husband really can function without me, I know it has taught him a great deal of patience and in some ways respect for what and all the things that I used to do. To be truthful I cannot wait to get back to those things.
We have some wonderful blessings come our way through all of this, TREMENDOUS blessings, The only thing I can equate it to is that we are constantly striving to what is right and trying to always make righteous decisions and to always put the Lord first in our lives.
I think that is also another reason I have been able to do bed rest here at home, is because every time I would pray before I left the hospital was to be comforted and to know the right things to do. With my prayers always came the peoples names to ask to watch Jackson, their names and hearing them brought me instant comfort, the other thing that would come to my mind was that "Lauren, this is all temporary"....
My dad,my uncle Bob and my Grandpa gave me a fantastic priesthood blessing. My uncle Bob gave it and in his blessing he talked about my journey and for 5 weeks he has been right on. He said that "The time that I have left will be strenuous, and it will be a difficult road to get Grayson here and healthy and would be stressful, that by enduring till the end we will have a glorious reward which is a healthy baby and healthy mother." I cant even begin to tell you how often those words go through my head. "The reward will be glorious".... I am soooo thankful for the Priesthood, and for all of the WONDERFUL men in my family who have its amazing power.
I look forward to seeing the huge circle of men surrounding Grayson for his name blessing. When Jackson had his done their were 14 men from my family standing around him. Truly a moving image. How thankful I am. I am also super thankful for a husband who has the priesthood,we decided and talked about recently doing our scripture study together, each of us picking a topic and finding the scriptures and doing "semi-short-lessons" as our study so we can learn and hear what the other has to say about each topic and learn. I am really excited to do that.
In my time of bed rest I have been able to do a great deal of scripture study and I must say it is amazing. I am writing something on what I have been studying and learning about....It will be posted sometime soon. It is a lot to type. Worth it though. . . It is in regard to the Trinity....and what the true nature of God really is. It is a super fascinating topic. I hope you will enjoy. Until later, I am off. . . Technically meaning tomorrow or later this evening as I don't have a whole lot going on. :0)
Later...
Thursday, April 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I definitely know how much bed rest sucks! I did it for 7 weeks or so. You have such a fantastic attitude about it and that is what makes you such an amazing woman Lauren. I wish I had that optimism! Keep it up girl, you're almost there!
ReplyDeleteTori- Thank you so much for that. I tell ya what, when this is all said and done I will have such a new respect for any other woman I meet who will have to go through. Thank you for your kind words :0)
ReplyDelete